8 November 2014

Christmas lights on Oxford Street 2014


I never go out of my way to see Christmas decorations and so it is always a pleasant surprise when I come across some that make an impact. This does not happen that often but I did like the displays in Carnaby Street in 2007 and 2009.

This year it was Oxford Street that impressed.

I was there for musical reasons (Hawklords at the 100 Club) and had to walk along Oxford Street (never a good idea) to get to/from the tube. The battle through the slow pedestrians moving in Brownian Motion was eased by the bright display above.

I particularly liked the way that the lights were deliberately not arranged in rows and so they looked like a lot of fairly lights falling slowly to the ground. Or invading spaceships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!