14 September 2016

BCSA "Get to Know You" Social (September 2016)


Another month, another BCSA Get To Know You Social, another smazeny syr and another few Czech and Slovak beers.

For whatever reason, September brought out more of the politically opinionated than usual and I am never one to shy away from a good political discussion. Again Brexit was the main driver and there was a heavy mix of Corbyn in there too. I was delighted to be able to tell everybody that I would be voting for Corbyn as Labour Leader, a position that caused some comment!

Of course we talked about lots of other things too and the sharpness of the political exchanges was not typical and had no lasting impact, which is just how civilised conversations should be. And it is the civilised conversation that I keep going back for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!