10 June 2015

BCSA "Get to Know You" Social (June 2015)


I was frustrated, and annoyed, that work kept me away from the May British Czech and Slovak Association (BCSA) Social at the last moment and I was relieved to be able to get there for the June Social, the last one before the Summer break. I was working in Reading again but this time I was able to leave at a sensible time, just after 5:30pm, and so was able to get to the Czechoslovak National House in West Hampstead just before 7pm.

There were a couple of BCSA Social regulars there already and soon as I had got my first pint of Pilsner Urquell I joined them in talking about the previous weekend's Garden Party and going though the photographs that they had taken.

We were soon joined by other people, some regulars and quite a few first-comers too, and the conversations flowed with short interruptions for food and drink. I had Smazeny Syr which came as no surprise to anybody. Nor was the bottle of Zlaty Bazant which I finished the evening with.

The conversations that filled the evening with casual ease covered the usual wide range of topics of communal interest to British, Czechs and Slovaks meeting in London, and these included public transport, house-hunting, the difference in English between the place Reading and the verb reading, budget airlines and many other things that I have since forgotten because conversations are like that.

It was yet another successful BCSA "Get to Know You" Social, which is why I keep going to them and why, I presume, that other people go too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!