8 October 2014

BCSA "Get to Know You" Social (October 2014)


There is not much new to say about the British Czech and Slovak Association (BCSA) "Get to Know You" Socials this month so I'll not say much. All I want to do is mark that the event happened and that all the usual conversations, food and drink happened too.

As somebody who only speaks English I found myself in a very small minority this month in a group that included an Irishman who speaks Czech and a Welsh woman who speaks Slovak. Both learnt the language while living there, something that I singularly failed to do.

My evening ended with the usual bottle of Zlaty Bazant which I was forced to drink from a Pilsner Urquell glass thus uniting the British, Czechs and Slovaks in one harmonious gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!