3 November 2013

Willoughby Pub Quiz (November 2013)

I was little ambitious in this quiz and as a result it took me much longer to compile.

I usually do a music round (built using iTunes sound clips from titles that I add to my wish list) and these naturally have two answers, title and artist, and I mark these as 1/2 point each to stop the quiz being skewed in favour of people who know music. My solution this time was to do six rounds where each question had two (or more) answers.

The rounds on twins, anatomy, sporting partners and TV sequels took longer than they would if I only needed one answer. For example, I thought that there were two sequels to the original Likely Lads but I could find no mention of the show that I though there was that featured just Bob and Thelma so with only one sequel that question had to be dropped.

The news quiz was also harder for the same reason and that was reflected in the unusually low scores.


I had not done a picture round the last time around (I ran out of time) but it was back to business as usual this time with the pictures all taken from GB stamps.

They came from British Auto Legends 2013 (Jaguar E-Type, Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow, Aston Martin DB5, Morgan Plus 8, Lotus Esprit, MG MGB, Land Rover Defender, Ford Anglia, Austin FX4, Morris Minor Van), Classic ITV Programmes (Inspector Morse, Emmerdale, Rising Damp, The Avengers, The South Bank Show, Who Wants to be a Millionaire), World Heritage Sites in the UK (Hadrian's Wall, Stonehenge, Blenheim Palace, Heart of Neolithic Orkney) and Endangered Birds (White Tailed Eagle, Bearded Tit, Red Kite, Cirl Bunting, Marsh Harrier, Avocet, Bittern, Dartford Warbler).

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!