14 August 2013

DC Comics Digital Sneak Peeks: 14 August 2013


I like this cover of Demon Knights because of its action and strangeness. It starts with a medieval fighting force, adds balloons to confuse the time and place and then adds a yellow horned demon to make it stranger still.



DC are getting Batman right at the moment and that is why I keep selecting Batman covers in my weekly pick. I like the action in the mob, and the use of colour with grey in the foreground with dark reds in the background but the cover is all about Batman.



Katana has come close to featuring here previously but I try to limit myself to four (and only then if there are four pages interesting enough) and it has never quite made it. This month it has crossed swords and that is good enough for me, the reflection in one of them is a bonus.




Another non-superhero cover gets selected this month. What I like about it is the juxtaposition of the two faces, one small and one large, one black and one blue, both looking out at the reader. Simple but effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!