19 January 2009

Kensington Olympia

As the detritus of life accumulates around me some patterns clearly appear, and a more obvious one is my need to photograph Victorian iron roofs whenever I am under one.

Luckily London is well served in this respect and I have, for example, an impressive collection of photos of the greenhouses at Kew where the roofs are the main feature and the plants serve to frame them with luscious colours and unusual shapes.

The two halls at Kensington Olympia are well worth photographing too, bit for different reasons. At Kew it is the proximity to the roof and the contrast with the flowers that does it for me but here it is the clear unobstructed view sharpened by the bright sky beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!