2 November 2008

My new jacket

I used to rely on two leather jackets for my cold weather casual wear but one of them decayed and had to be put of its misery and I had to look for another one.

I found this unremarkable but perfect for the job Bomber Jacket in UNIQLO. They did not have my size in store but I was able to get one online.

It then occurred to me that this was the first casual jacket that I had bought in the UK for over 25 years!

The (now dead) brown leather jacket was bought on holiday in Tunisia; my green cotton jacket with wide lapels was bought when working in Prague in an attempt to look more like a native; and the blue leather jacket that tries to look like an old denim jacket was an emergency buy in Vienna when it turned out to be much colder than I had packed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!