31 July 2008

Parliament building, Budapest


After less than two days in Budapest I feel worn out already, which is why I am taking a short break with my PC! I've climbed the hill to the cathedral twice, walked all around the large park by Heroes Square and explored Visegrad (about an hour drive away) and the surrounding area.

My hotel is by the Danube, on the Buda side, and looks towards the parliament building on the Pest side. The tram stops almost outside the hotel and the nearest metro is about 200m away so it is easy to get around. A 7-day travel card costs just 4,000 HUF, which is around 15 GBP, so one day's unlimited travel on the metro, trams and buses costs about the same as one bus fare in London.

The plans for today are less ambitious, I want to see inside the parliament building and then explore the main shopping street before going to a concert in the park this evening.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is one of the most interesting buildings in Budapest.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!