7 June 2008

Sparks: Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins

Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins is not only a great name for an album, it is also a great album so I could not miss the opportunity to see Sparks perform it live.

This was concert 16 in the series of 21 and it brought us up to 1995 with a bang.

Sparks are never really in the limelight, and never really out of it either, but Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins can be seen as a sort of come-back album.

It demanded attention through majestic, dance-along, songs like When Do I Get To Sing 'My Way', (When I Kiss You) I Hear Charlie Parker Playing, and Frankly, Scarlett, I Don't Give A Damn (pictured here).

Played live these songs had us all bopping from the very start to the very end and even though most people there had been to several Sparks concerts over the last couple of weeks, we were all left wanting some more. In my case that's on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!