23 August 2007

Feeling rather out of place

This trip to Dallas is going rather well and, to be honest, it has been rather enjoyable on the whole; but there have been some times when I rather felt that I was in the wrong place.

Last night we all (40 people) went for a team meal at Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian style restaurant that does meat, meat and more meat. It does 15 different cuts of meat and you can eat as much as you like. I may have been the only vegetarian there!

To add insult to injury I was sitting with a group of typical Americans (from an European perspective). We were talking about our children when one of the guys suggested to another that he took his son down to the sports shop, bought him a couple of guns and joined the NRA on the grounds that there is nothing better in life. I bit my tongue and carried on nibbling my lettuce!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!