9 February 2007

My first house is for sale

I bought my first house when I was 25 after being gently forced out of the family home. I had been away to university but had then got a job back at home and so stayed with my parents.

I worked during the day, went out with my mates during the evening and slept during the night, for which I paid my parents £50 a month rent.

This arrangement worked well for me, i.e. I had a comfortable B&B, but mum thought that as I was earning quite well that I should buy a house. so she found one for me and I bought it. That was in 1982 and it cost me £22,000. I lived there for about four years during which time I got married and got a new job in London with Logica; both of which prompted us to look for a new house. We moved up to Kingston upon Thames in 1987 having sold the house in Weymouth for £35,000.

My sister, who now lives just around the corner from my first house, has just told me that the house is for sale again, this time it's on the market for £235,000!! This is what the estate agent says about it.

An opportunity to purchase a quite unique detached property situated close to Weymouth town centre and all its associated amenities. Benefiting from Upvc double glazing, gas central heating and valuable off road parking space, the accommodation in brief comprises of four bedrooms, lounge, kitchen/diner and bathroom. Internal viewings are highly recommended to appreciate the flexible accommodation.

LOUNGE 5.2m (17.1') x 3.8m (12.6') Upvc double glazed window to front, wall mounted radiator, coving, stone built fireplace.

KITCHEN/DINER 5.0m (16.3') x 2.7m (9.0') Range of wall and floor units with work surface over, inset sink unit, inset gas hob with oven under, built in dishwasher, plumbing for washing machine, space for fridge freezer, Upvc double glazed window to front and side, wall mounted radiator, door to side, wall mounted boiler.

BEDROOM ONE 3.8m (12.5') x 2.4m (7.8') Upvc double glazed window to side, wall mounted radiator, coving.

BEDROOM TWO 3.5m (11.5') x 2.7m (8.9') Upvc double glazed window to front, wall mounted radiator, coving.

BEDROOM THREE 2.8m (9.3') x 2.7m (9.0') Upvc double glazed window to front and side, wall mounted radiator.

BEDROOM FOUR 2.0m (6.6') x 1.9m (6.2') Upvc double glazed window to front, wall mounted radiator.

BATHROOM Comprising of pedestal wash hand basin, low level W.C, panelled enclosed bath with shower attachment, coving, Upvc double glazed window to side, wall mounted radiator.

OUTSIDE To the side of the property is a hardstanding area suitable for off road parking space with an up and over door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!